Legal and Privacy
COMPTIA POLICY EXCEPTIONS FOR PEARSON VUE’s ONLINE TESTING (ONVUE) DELIVERY:
All CompTIA exam policies as outlined on our main policies pages, shall be enforced to the fullest extent with only a few exceptions noted below for exams proctored via the Pearson VUE OnVUE platform:
- Please carefully review all policies and requirements outlined in the Appointment Confirmation and Appointment Reminder emails which candidates receive from Pearson VUE, prior to the date of testing.
- Please be prepared to show one (1) valid form of unexpired, Government-issued personal ID. The Government-issued ID must have your signature and must have your photo.
- For candidates who are minors (17 years of age and under), please note the minor must have guardian authorization for each testing event. In addition, the minor must have a single form of photo ID (e.g school ID) and the guardian must be present during the check-in process, and willing to show a proper government-issued ID. For full details visit our Candidate ID Policy page.
- For OnVUE exams, candidates are required to take four photos of the exam space during check-in. Additionally, candidates should be prepared to perform a room scan during the check-in process. This is a required step for CompTIA exams in instances where proctors may need to confirm the room meets our criteria and candidates are not breaching our policies. If a proctor identifies anomalies during the exam, additional room scans may be required to verify candidates are not breaching policies.
- For Online Testing privacy questions or concerns, please read our privacy statement.
IMPORTANT POLICY REMINDERS:
- At no point may a photo or video be taken of the exam screen. Candidates are monitored until the exam has been closed out and a violation of this policy, even to take a photo of the exam result at the end, can result in your exam being revoked and your score invalidated.
- Candidates should not read the questions out loud on a continuous basis as this will constitute a breach of policy. While concentrating on a particular question, candidates may accidently murmur to themselves. Please refrain from murmuring or reading out loud. If, after a warning from the proctor, a candidate continues to read out loud, the exam will be shut down and the incident reported to CompTIA.
- Candidates should not tamper with the operation of their personal computer, private network nor allow unauthorized software to run in the background that would attempt to perform any function other than taking a CompTIA examination.
CompTIA reserves the right to exclude regions, countries and/or test centers from the CompTIA Certification Program.
CompTIA reserves the right to exclude countries and/or specific test centers from the beta testing program.
TESTING CENTER SUSPENSIONS
- CompTIA may suspend testing at any test site where we deem there is a potential threat to the security or integrity of our certification program.
- CompTIA may, at its sole discretion, reinstate previously banned Testing Centers if:
- The site agrees to a corrective action plan approved by CompTIA Security to prevent any future exam security breaches.
- If the Test Center is reinstated by the CompTIA Security Team, the Test Center must agree to the following:
- The reinstated site must pay for and pass five (5) integrity shop audits within a period of one year.
- If the site fails one integrity shop it will be closed indefinitely.