Earn a non-CompTIA IT industry certification
You can renew your CompTIA certification by earning or renewing a qualifying non-CompTIA IT industry certification.
Overview and Eligibility
All CompTIA certifications that are part of the Continuing Education (CE) program can be renewed by earning a qualifying non-CompTIA IT industry certification. Click on your certification below to see your options:
What You Need to Know
- Timing: The non-CompTIA IT industry certification must be earned or renewed during your three-year renewal cycle.
- Relevance: At least 50 percent of the course content must relate to one or more of the exam objectives for the certification you’re renewing. It is important to keep in mind that CompTIA does not only look at content “topics” to determine whether a course relates to exam objectives. There are other variables, including cognitive level of course content, that is taken into account during our internal review. *
- Documentation: Submit the completed IT industry certification by selecting the “Earned a Non-CompTIA Certification” activity to receive CEUs.
Your submission must include a copy of the certificate, transcript or badge link issued by the certifying body and contain the following information:
- Your name
- Name of the certification
- Date the certification was earned or renewed
Please note, training completion certificates, score reports and emails are not valid submissions.
- CE Fees: CE fees apply when renewing your CompTIA certification with a non-CompTIA IT industry certification.
*CompTIA reserves the right to make a final determination about whether training course content may or may not relate to exam objectives, up to 50%, and leverages an unbiased third party to ensure accuracy throughout the review process.